Heading to Banff National Park

Heading to Banff National Park

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Informational, Scenery

Introduction

In mid-September 2011, we flew to Calgary, Canada for our anniversary to see the Canadian Rockies. This album shows just a few of the shots from our drive in from Calgary to Canmore where we stayed. My excitement was sky-high and the the mountains cooperated as well as the weather gods! We had bright sunny warm days with only a few rain sprinkles at night! More albums and pictures to come!


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
TimB

TimB - Oct 24, 2011 4:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautiful pics!

I visited Banff about this time of year, many years ago.
Great to have some reminders of my visit.
A wonderful place.

silversummit

silversummit - Oct 24, 2011 8:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful pics!

Thanks! It was a perfect weather week and watch for more pictures as well as post your own.

Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Nov 2, 2011 9:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Was there ever a .......

cloud in the sky? Great album! It's on my list.

silversummit

silversummit - Nov 2, 2011 9:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Was there ever a .......

Only a few times on the day we hit the Icefields Parkway and early on my hike up to the Plain of Six Glaciers did we see clouds.

Thanks Bill for the compliment!
Kathy

Marmaduke

Marmaduke - Nov 2, 2011 11:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Was there ever a .......

Did you get any photos of Plain of Six Glaciers? We wanted to get that in but the weather wasn't good and after getting snowed on, hailed on and rained on going up St Piran then BeeHive, we called it a day. Plain of Six Glaciers sounds interesting, how was it?

Viewing: 1-5 of 5