Literola's ridge

Literola's ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.69200°N / 0.51880°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: PD- (poco dificil, low difficulty)
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.0 (YDS)
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

PerdigueroPerdiguero

This is a good option to reach the summit of Perdiguero for the collectors of summits and the people what love the rocky ridges. It's an easy itinerary of rock (only I+, and the step-crossings or the climb of Aguja de Lliterola of II are evitables) but longest.
The ridge is completed in 2h from the Col Inf of Lliterola. You must to add the itinerary to reach the col:
-Valley of Lliterola (+4h30)
-Refuge du Portillon (+1h30)

Getting There

Trailhead is the same of valley of Lliterola.
See the main page to approach to trailhead.

Route Description

Pico Royo from Perdiguero...Pico Royo
Aguja de LliterolaAg.Lliterola


The first part to Ibon de Literola is the same of Perdiguero and after it we must to reach the col inferior of Literola following the route of Crabioules.

In the col (2980m, 4h 30min) we turn to left (east) leaving the peaks Crabioules behind us. The first steps are difficult to find but is a easy rock-climb (I or I+) to reach the edge of the ridge ever walking with the foots in north side, descending and ascending. We reach a very little col under an aiguille. It's the little Aguja de Literola (3028m) a secondary 3000m peaks, the first summit of the route (II). Following the ridge the path is most evident and wide with some free stones and easy climb (I) to reach the bottom of the next peak. After a short zig-zag we reach the summit of important Pico de Lliterola (3132m), with great views. After a little descent we reach the summit of Pico Royo (3121m) climbing a exposed pass of I very easy.
A new descent we bring to the Tuca de Lliterola (3095m), secondary peak with some step-crossing of I.
We descent to Collado Sup de Lliterola (3049m, it's possible the descent from here to the lake).
We attack the long ridge north of Perdiguero with some climbs of I+ and in 45 minutes more we reach the main summit of Perdiguero (3222m,7h)
Lliterola s ridgeRidge
Tuca de LliterolaTuca Lliterola
Pico Royo & Pta.LliterolaP.Royo & Pta.Lliterola

PerdigueroPerdiguero

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe in spring and early in the summer.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.