Ljevorijecki Kom

Ljevorijecki Kom

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.68697°N / 19.64783°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 8100 ft / 2469 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

SE wall of Kom LjevorijeckiAmazing SE wall of Kom Ljevorijecki

Kom LjevorijeckiFrom Stavna
Kom LjevorijeckiFrom Kom Vasojevicki

When you come to Stavna vast plateau, you can see the group of highest peaks of KOMOVI massif. One of them is impressive three headed peak Kom Ljevorijecki (2469 m) which with amazing outlook dominate above deep valley (situated below Stavna plateau). As closest neighbour and northern peak of Kom Kucki, Kom Ljevorijecki is placed in the heart of KOMOVI massif, on the W from Kom Vasojevicki (2460 m), on E from Stari Vrh (2483 m), on NW from Bavan (2252 m), on N from Kom Kucki (2487 m) and on NE from Rogamski Vrh (2303 m). Together with Kom Kucki (2487 m) and Stari Vrh (2487 m), Kom Ljevorijecki create the heart of highest cliffs of KOMOVI. This area is very similar with impressive beauty of Julian Alps. Ascent on Kom Ljevorijecki is really an extraordinary experience.

Ljevoriječki KomKom Ljevorijecki (2469 m) from Mateševo-Kraljske Bare road

Summit View

Summit view to Prokletije rangeSummit view to Prokletije range

The summit of Kom Ljevorijecki (2460 m) offer many beautifully panoramas. Two of them are most impressive - S view to northern side of Kom Kucki (2487 m) and SE view to giant and amazing PROKLETIJE range. But also, you can be the privileged whitness of incredible beauty of Tara Canyon placed between highest peaks of MORACKE PLANINE (2226 m) and SINJAJEVINA (2287 m). Finally, on NW, behind them in the background, you will see magnificent DURMITOR range with its two highest peaks Bobotov Kuk (2523 m) and Bezimeni Vrh (2487 m) which touch the sky.

Routes Overview

ROUTE: Stavna Plateau (1787 m) - Ljubastica (1569 m)(T1) 45 min - Ljuban (1812 m)(T2) 45 min - Iglenovo Polje (1980 m)(T2) 1h - Kom Ljevorijecki (north peak of Kom Kucki (2469 m)(T3) 1.30h

Kom Ljevorijecki routeDescending from Kom Ljevorijecki 2469 m

Access: To the Stavna Plateau by car or on foot, from Tresnjevik (6km). The katun and plateau of Ljuban can also be reached from Bare Kraljske - the Han Drndarski hamlet (1163 m) which is located on the Matesevo-Tresnjevik on a bad forest road 10 km. The beginning of the trail is the forest path near the top of the Stavna Plateau. Descend to a beech wood for approximately 300 meters in altitude, to the pool of the Ljubastica brook, and then up to the Ljuban Plateau. From Stavna there is also a newly marked trail to the Stavna Plateau - Celo Medjukomlja - Ljuban Katun, which bypasses the descent to Ljubastica, from where you can reach Iglenovo Polje and after that, the summit of Kom Ljevorijecki (2469 m), north peak of Kom Kucki (2487 m).

Getting There

Stari Vrh & Kom LjevorijeckiLjevorijecki Kom (2469 m) & Srednji Kom (2483 m)

By plane
Podgorica airport in Montenegro is closest airport to Komovi massif.
Beograd (Belgrade) airport in Serbia - Podgorica airport; then by bus or train to Kolasin, or by car to Tresnjevik and Eko Katun on Stavna plateau where you can rent private houses (25 euro per day for 5 persons, 5 euro per person daily).

By bus
Podgorica - Kolasin - Matesevo - Stavna
Beograd (Belgrade) - Novi Pazar - Berane - Andrijevica - Stavna

By train
Podgorica - Kolasin; Then by bus or car Stavna via Matesevo.
Beograd (Belgrade) - Priboj - Prijepolje - Bijelo Polje - Mojkovac - Kolasin; Then by bus or car to Stavna via Matesevo.

By car
Podgorica - Kolasin - Matesevo - Stavna
Beograd - Novi Pazar - Berane - Andrijevica - Stavna

Camping

Eko Katun on StavnaEko Katun on Stavna

Belowe the peaks of KOMOVI massif, on Stavna vasty plateau, you can find "Eko katun Štavna" (Ecological complex of houses for renting). There you have 10 houses for renting. Daily price for renting of one house is 40 Euro/8 Euro per person (each house has 5 beds, livingroom, bathroom and shower with warm water). Also, inside of Eko katun you can use the services of restaurant.

Reservation & Contact

+382 51 243 610
+382 67 512 761
+382 69 043 622

Around the massif of Komovi you can find many beautifully places for private camping in your tent.

Red Tape

No extra fees. Around KOMOVI massif are many beautifully grassy plateaus where you can freely use your tent for camping.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

KomoviMountains & Rocks