Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.66742°N / 19.62753°E
Additional Information Elevation: 7254 ft / 2211 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Suvovrh
KOMOVI range is impressive and beautiful mountain area, even it is not so large. The three highest peaks of that range are Kučki Kom, Ljevoriječki Kom and Vasojevićki Kom, but in their neighbourhood exist more few peaks which are also very attractive for hiking and climbing. One of them is for sure Suvovrh (2211 m), the southest from all of peaks of Komovi. As a 7th highest peak of Komovi range Suvovrh is placed in the southern part of Komovi, precisely on the SW from Kučki Kom and Rogamski Vrh, on the S from Ljevoriječki Kom, on the S-SW from Vasojevićki Kom and on the N from Carine pass. Suvovrh is connected by ridge with Rogamski Vrh (2303 m) in SW-NE direction. Lower slopes of Suvovrh is the mixture of grassy and rocky terrain, while its upper part is mostly rocky. The route and ascent on Suvovrh is beautiful adventure which offer enjoyment in many beautifully panoramas, special the view to Ljevoriječki Kom and Kučki Kom and to giant massif of Prokletije range. Also, from the summit of Suvovrh you can see Sinjajevina, Maganik, Moračke Planine, Durmitor and Bioč.

Routes Overview

There are two approaches to reach the summit of Suvovrh, first one from Štavna plateau and second from Carine. 1. Štavna approach: Štavna - Medjukomlje Valley - Medjukomlje Pass - Carine Pass - Suvovrh (2211 m): 5h Route starting from Eko Katun on Stavna vast plateau. To reach the Medjukomlje Valley from Štavna you can choose between the two paths, first one which goes throught the forest descending to Ljubaštica stream, and second one which goes on the western rocky slopes of Vasojevićki Kom. After descending into forest, the path leads belowe SE side of Kom Ljevoriječki (2469 m) and going over beautiful Medjukomlje Pass (2171 m) which is placed belowe W side of Kom Vasojevicki (2460 m). Following the route you continue below the W side of Bavan (2252 m). After that you'll cross Medjukomlje pass in the form of rocky gate, from where you follow marked path CT-1 descending in direction of Rogamski Vrh and Suvovrh. When you come below the Suvovrh you can choose between 2-3 paths to reach its summit. 2. Carine approach: Carine - Suvovrh (2211 m): 1h-1,30h Carine approach is south approach to Suvovrh. The route starts from Carine plateau from where you should approach Suvovrh from its S side.
Suvovrh & Rogamski Vrh
 
View from the path
 
Peaks from Medjukomlje
 
View to Ljevoriječki Kom & Kučki Kom

Getting There

By plane Podgorica airport in Montenegro is closest airport to Komovi massif. By bus Podgorica - Kolasin - Matesevo - Stavna Beograd (Belgrade) - Novi Pazar - Berane - Andrijevica - Stavna By train Podgorica - Kolasin; Then by bus or car Stavna via Matesevo. Beograd (Belgrade) - Priboj - Prijepolje - Bijelo Polje - Mojkovac - Kolasin; Then by bus or car to Stavna via Matesevo. By car Podgorica - Kolasin - Matesevo - Stavna Beograd - Novi Pazar - Berane - Andrijevica - Stavna
Medjukomlje Valley
 
Medjukomlje Valley
 
Ljevoriječki Kom & Suvovrh
 
Suvovrh from Kučki Kom ridge

Accomodation & Camping

Eko Katun on StavnaEko Katun on Stavna
Belowe the peaks of Komovi massif, on Stavna vasty plateau, you can find "Eko katun Štavna" (Ecological complex of houses for renting). There you have 10 houses for renting. Daily price for renting of one house is 40 Euro/8 Euro per person (each house has 5 beds, livingroom, bathroom and shower with warm water). Also, inside of Eko katun you can use the services of restaurant. Reservation & Contact +382 51 243 610 +382 67 512 761 +382 69 043 622 Around the massif of Komovi you can find many beautifully places for private camping in your tent.

Meteo Info

Before visiting KOMOVI area check the weather conditions and meteo info for Andrijevica town on VREME YUBC NET web site.

Red Tape

No extra fees.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

KomoviMountains & Rocks