Longás-path

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.44176°N / 0.91697°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

It's the most popular among mountaineers and the nicest.

In recent years it has been marked out two paths, first with red and white paint and then repainted with yellow and white, so we can appreciate both signs. Both have a common start. Is missing a panel of trails map for better orientation as in the hermitage must be clear what markers continue to go down another route if you want to make the circular.

Getting There

See the main page

Route Description

LongásLongás
Paso d as ArrogatasPaso d'As Arrogatas
Both routesBoth routes
AiguillesAiguilles

Collado de San EstebanCollado de S.Esteban
WaterfallWaterfall

We went through the village (738 m) and left on a track next to the river, walking along the river Onsella to the ruins of a plant, where it crosses the river on the right (S.). We walk-up the path of the Peña Truocha elegant overlooking over the cliffs crossing the entrance to the ravine, into which we descend to the river in Paso d'As Arrogatas (875 m), where the wading is easy over polished rocks because the level of water is low. After leaving the gorge, close to the river, we come to clear where is the crossing of two routes:

a)-on the left indicates the collado of San Esteban, and the path is quite comfortable among the boxwoods well cleared. Always with great attention to the markings on the large pine hill we went to Collado de San Esteban (1,529 m), leaving left the rounded summit of the Puig de Pano (1,331 m). To the right is to find the stake and the left turning to follow the path diagonally reaching the eastern mountain pass (1,458 m). It descends a few of meters to the open area seeing to right (NW) both peaks towards which we turn. After falling to a pole you climb up the grassy slope to the hermitage. This route is marked out upward and are more difficult to locate downstream brands, though not as pretty as the next option.

b)-for the right tells us fuente d'as berros, and ascends a steep path between the forest to go through the source and smoothing out the slope to Longás track, just before the intersection of tracks (1,215 m), which comes from Biel. Throughout this area we have seen the incredible array of peaks and pinnacles of the western ridge of the summit. To the right a faded sign S.L. indicates a path to visit a small cave under the walls of the Raya Alta (25 min. round trip). The track is still a few feet to be left to the right, right away, without losing the path that leads to the track under the top. Following it is turned to the left following a right turn, appearing in the hermitage. This steep path is usually preferred for the return to the village, unless it is wet in which case it is not advised. In any case the walking poles are very useful.

Essential Gear

Water. Hiking poles

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.