Menouve Valley

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.88990°N / 7.25110°E
Additional Information Route Type: 40° slopes
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Ski mountaneering: OSA (difficult, good experience required)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach





Mon Velan seen from Monte Paglietta: Menouve Valley and the route to the top (Sergio Enrico picture)


From Aosta town, take the road that brings to the Gran San Bernardo Pass, after Etroubles turn right and drive a small road till Prailles Dessus; leave here the car.

Route Description


From Prailles, follow the farm road that enters in the Menouve Valley, till it's end. Pass close to the Menouve farm, the Arvas farm, m. 1983, and arrive to the Moline mountains, m. 2424. From here, go straight on to the big corridor below the Colle Faceballa. Climb this corridor, very steep, till a point were the steepness decrease. Go left, till the Velan Glacier shell, and climb the last steep ramp that brings to the ice cup.
Walks along the small rocks till the top.

Essential Gear


Normal high mountain equipment: rope, axe, crampons
Take care: long and very steep route; take information about the snow conditions before.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.