Monte Ferrante

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 45.97480°N / 10.02860°E
Additional Information Elevation: 7962 ft / 2427 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview


Monte Ferrante is located in the boundary between the Valle di Scalve and the Valzurio, in the Alpi Orobiche of Lombardia, between the Presolana and the Pizzo Coca. It is a very popular backcountry tour arriving from the Valle Valzurio; located on the west face. The track reaches the top from the south face of the mountain itself. On the path, is possible to uphill the Monte Ferrantino. m 2325 (ft. 7624).
Monte Ferrante is included in the Parco delle Orobie Bergamasche.

Getting There


Monte Ferrante is in the north of the Bergamo district, in Lombardia. To get there, run the A4 Highway up to Bergamo, then follow the Valle Seriana direction until Castione della Presolana; from here in a few minutes you will reach the Passo della Presolana and then Colere.

Red Tape


Close to Colere there is the small Village of Carbonera in the Valle di Scalve. It is possible to leave the car in parking area in front of the ski lift (during winter weekends the parking could be crowded).
Start hiking the CAI (Club Alpino Italiano) path number 403 until the Albani refuge (m 1940 ft.6368); from here take the path number 401 until Passo dello Scagnello (m 2080 ft. 6825), here you will find a stone cone with direction tabs. Follow the track on the right on the ridge of the Monte Ferrantino until the base of the Monte Ferrante. Now leave the track number 401 and go uphill straight to the top. From the peak the view is at 360 degrees and includes the Pizzo Coca, the Pizzo del Diavolo di Tenda and the Adamello.
No special permission are required for this peak; you have only to respect the park rules and, of course respect the nature.

When To Climb


This is a four seasons hike; however during winter time , with snow and ice, are at least required crampons and hiking poles and a twist of alpine skills.

Camping


Free camping is not allowed in this area. It is possible to sleep in the Albani Refuge (tel. +39-0346-51105, manager +39-035-575152, owner CAI Bergamo +39-035-244273 - open in summer and on Christmas Holiday and during week ends in spring and fall) or comfortably in an Hotel in the City of Colere.

Mountain Conditions


During winter time the weather can be very cold and severe; remember that the path is below the north ridge of the Presolana that covers the sun from the first hours of the afternoon. It is possible to have updated informations abut weather and track conditions directly from the Manager of the Refuge Albani or, checking the Internet: http://www.orobiemeteo.com

Miscellaneous Info


Colere is the place were lives the great Italian climber Simone Moro
If you have information about this mountain that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
luciano

luciano - Oct 25, 2005 2:40 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Near the Rifugio Albani, you can see the remains of an anciant iron mine, with the machinery used for the carriage of the iron ore, storehouses and dormitories for the workwrn. Now the mine is abandoned.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1