Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 51.89306°N / 116.76826°W
Activities Activities: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 10351 ft / 3155 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Mount Sarbach is a prominent mountain southwest of Saskatchewan Crossing on Hwy 93. The summit lies a fair distance from the highway, and an ascent of this peak is a full day.

For Peter Sarbach and his clients J. Norman Collie and G.P. Baker, this mountain lured them to its summit in 1897. The asthetic north ridge sweeps up from the forest above Mistaya Canyon, curving gracefully through the alpine as it traces up the east face above a heavily crevassed glacier.

Getting There

From Lake Louise, drive north on the Icefields Parkway (Hwy 93) for 70 km to the Mistaya Canyon and Howse Pass trailhead. Or if coming from the north, drive south on Hwy 93 from Saskatchewan Crossing for 5 km to the trailhead.

Red Tape

Driving on the icefields parkway requires the purchase of a park pass. This pass is valid for both the Jasper and Banff National Park, and current fees can be checked on the Parks Canada website.

Camping

Waterfowl Lakes is the closest campground to Sarbach, a short 10 minute drive south of Sarbach. Alternatively, Rampart Creek is around 15 minutes to the north. Be sure to check campground prices and open dates on the Parks Canada website.

External Links

Peakfinder.com
Wikipedia.com
Peakware.com

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Columbia IcefieldMountains & Rocks