Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.40421°N / 72.75164°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Additional Information Elevation: 3343 ft / 1019 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Ludlow Mountain, better known as Okemo after the ski resort located on it's eastern slope, is located in the Southern Green Mountains of Vermont. The steel fire tower at the summit was built by the CCC and staffed from the 1930's until 1970. Okemo Ski Resort opened on the mountain in 1956. Okemo State Forest encompasses about 7500 acres around the mountain and is traversed by the Healdville hiking trail (Built by the Vermont Youth Conservation Corps in the early 90's) and the long-distance Catamount XC-ski trail. There is a paved road known as Mountain Rd that climbs almost to the summit and is open in the summer.
Panoramic View from Ludlow/Okemo Mtn Firetower

Getting There

Healdville Trail Junction
The Healdville trail is located just off Rte 103 on Station Rd in Mt Holly, VT. The trailhead is located where the railroad tracks cross the road. The 2.9 Mile trail is marked with Blue blazes. The trail crosses small streams in the lower elevations, switchbacks up the west flank passing a sign indicating 1 mile left. Not far below the summit are the remains of the Fire Tower Ranger's cabin and a trail junction with the trail descending to the Mountain Rd parking lot. The summit is reached where the fire tower is located. (Mileage 5.8 Miles RT, 1950ft Elev. Gain)

External Links

Okemo Mountain - Wikipedia
Ludlow Mountain - Peakbagger

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Green Mountains (Vermont)Mountains & Rocks