Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 36.21607°N / 114.62837°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jan 8, 2007
Activities Activities: Hiking, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Winter

Overview

Northshore Peak was very rewarding. I bought a year pass for the Lake Mead NRA and drove to Northshore Peak parking area. I then started hiking. It was a nice winter day. It was sunny and about 47ºF when I started.



The Hike

I followed the East Ridge Route to the summit.

East Ridge to summit


It took about an hour or so to reach the summit. On the summit I was rewarded with views of Lake Mead, Mt. Charleston and the Spring Mountains, and much more. I had to take off my fleece sweater after about 20 minutes. The winds were very light.

On the summit there was no register. I ended up putting a register in a plastic zip lock bag with a few sheets of paper underneath the big rock on the summit. I attached a picture of it below with the view on the summit. If you end up going up there take a summit log with you.

It was also my 30th birthday today. It was well worth the trip.
Summit of Northshore Peak


Comments

No comments posted yet.


Table of Contents
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Northshore PeakTrip Reports