Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.53457°N / 0.2684°W
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6302 ft / 1921 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Oturia (1921m)
Sanctuary and Oturia

Oturia is not a high or spectacular mountain and it's a green mountain when we see it from the road, but it has one of the most interesting routes of all Prepirineos Aragoneses from the village of Yebra de Basa. In the last times all the villages that's surround the mountain as Isún de Basa, Satué, Javierre del Obispo, Oliván or Yebra de Basa have a path to the summit with a lot of signals of P.R. (pequeño recorrido = small itinerary) and for this reason it's a popular trekking peak and even you can walk a circuit across the massif if you have two vehicles. The summit it's not climbed many times for the hikers and trekkers because the last ramp has 300m of slope, but the people remember the beautiful route of the hermitages and caves with the nice waterfall or the ruins of the old villages. For the mountaineers it's a touristy peak but with the climb of the summit the slope to gain is more than 1000 meters and it's necessary to walk more than 3h or 4h to the summit, it's not a walk for the park but it's easy.

Getting There

OlivánOliván
Exit of YebraYebra de Basa

All the villages with route to Oturia have approach from Sabiñanigo and for this reason the best option is to reach this important city. From the west you must reach Jaca (N-240) and you follow to Sabiñanigo.

-Yebra de Basa is easy to find in the road from Sabiñanigo to Huesca (N-330) following the signals to HU-321.

-Oliván is in the road to Biescas. The crossroad is in the approach to Sabiñanigo from Jaca (N-330) and some km before Biescas is the signal to Olivan.


Red Tape

Cascada del Chorro

In winter after big snowfalls the route from Yebra de Basa is dangerous with risk of avalanches and the route from the other villages is long because the snow cover the tracks and even can you need the use of snowshoes.

Spring is the best epoch to climb Oturia, specially to see the waterfall with some of water in the route from Yebra de Basa. The landscape is better in spring because the big peaks have a lot of snow and it's a beatiful collection of white peaks as Tendeñera's range or Ordesa's valley.

Camping

Camping Oturia, Yebra de Basa.

Camping Victoria
, Jaca.
Camping Ain, Jaca.
Camping Pirineos, road Puente la Reina-Jaca.
Camping Aurin, Sabiñanigo.

A lot of hotels in the villages of Jaca and Sabiñanigo.

External Links

Mendikat.net: Oturia, routes in Spanish.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.