Prostredný hrot

Prostredný hrot

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing

Add Heading here

It has been a long time since I've added pictures from trips to Tatras. Yesterday I managed to climb Prostredný hrot (2440 m), so I can add another set of pictures to my collection.

We started early in the morning from Starý Smokovec and via Hrebienok and Veľká Studená dolina Valley we reached a spot near the place called Ohnisko. From there we choose the couloir leading to the saddle called Bránička, between Chmúrna Ihla and Veľký Kostol. From there we traversed under the summit pyramid of Chmúrna veža (Ciemniasta Turnia, 2258 m) to the final slopes of Prostredný hrot (Pośrednia Grań, 2440 m).

Descent: from the summit by rapelling to the couloir leading to the saddle called Vyšná štrbina v Prostrednom, between Prostredný hrot and Malý hrot. From this saddle we followed trails leading via Dubkeho lávka to the slopes of Žltá stena and from there straight down to Malá Studená dolina Valley and via Hrebienok back to Starý Smokovec.

It was very nice climb, but due to high temperatures, we were breaking knee-deep melted surface, which was very exhausting. A little bit better situation was in the couloir. Conditions in descent were uncomparable better, since we were descending via northern slopes.

External Links



Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.