Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: May 17, 2008
Activities Activities: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring

Return trip

With the high avalanche danger, Hwy #20 closed for avy danger, what to do? Off to 90 plus degree, snow free Peshastin Pinnacles for ...warm up... to the climbing season under way. There were numerous cars in the parking lot, but only a few climbers toughing out the hot sun. We went directly to Orchard Rock which had shade in the "Gully" route. Four of us took our turns up and rapping down. Over to the "Tunnel" route for more of a challenge and rapping off the steeper, longer west side with a small over hang. Another pair of climbers came over to get some shade and impressed us with doing the "A Crack" route to the left of the Gully. I include a couple of picture of them with their permission. Maybe, we'll be up to that route next time. Amber wanted to summit the Martian Slab, so off we went, despite the heat and direct sun to the Martian Diagonal. We have done all three of these routes before, but we need the practice and it was just too hot to read the guide books and figure out another route we had not done within our abilities at the end of a day. We had driven over 180 miles to get there and we were driving back after climbing, so a familiar route was all we were up to. We had a great time. This area is highly recommended by our group.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
jordansahls

jordansahls - May 20, 2008 1:13 pm - Voted 10/10

You...

have to love the pinnacles. When everything else is wet and nasty, they seem to stay nice and dry. I love it!

Norman

Norman - May 20, 2008 7:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Peshastin

It was a great day. Rafters all day going down the Wenatchee River, helicopter flying by several times, no crowds. Great !

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.