Rodillazo - North Face classical route

Rodillazo - North Face classical route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.53000°N / 5.29°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

If you have a car you can go to Rodillazo (1340 m) using a narrow mountain road. If you have used a coach, or you want to walk more you can start lower, from Felmín (1091 m).

There are too much room to park your car in Rodillazo, specially on weekends, because it´s a popular route and the space to park is small.
In Felmin you´ll find enough space.


Route Description

Correcillas classical route3D Google Earth map



Basically leaving back Rodillazo, you must go up a little valley where there is a little stream. As you are getting higher on your back you´ll see a high col with Machamedio Peak on the right.
Just continue walking, you´ll see a little building on your left. You´ll need to look for a path on your right hand that goes up clearly. Take it, you´ll be at the highplane called Valle del Marqués soon.

If you have time, you can visit the Cueva de Moruquín, or just walk along the highplane. The cave is on the right of the peak. It´s not difficult to discover, the entrance it´s big enought. Just remember it´s on the foot of the Correcillas mountain, but leaving back the summit.

South face of the Correcillas...Correcillas peak view from Valle del Marqués


Essential Gear

Take crampons and an ice-axe if you want to go to the top. Ice shoes could be nice if there are a lot of snow. No rope required. You only need to walk to the top and the hight technical level it´s not neccesary


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.