SE Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 33.27386°N / 116.42075°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy class 3
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This route starts at the day use parking area for the Borrego Palm Canyon trail. From the parking area go cross country to the bottom of a prominent ridge not to far away.

SE Ridge


The climbing up the ridge is mostly class two with a few class three 3 moves. The right side of the ridge is easier than the left. It takes around an hour to crest the initial ridge.



SE Ridge 2


Indianhead_Storm



From the top of this ridge the route levels off and the remainder of the ridge can be seen. There are many ups and downs along this part of the ride until it becomes steeper near the end. The climbing is mostly class two, there are a few places with class 4 moves for fun (although they can be avoided).



SE Ridge 3



The most difficult part of this route is near the end. The ridge is steep and does not relent. There are a few class three moves required to bypass large rocks along the ridge. A few places feature sharp drops on both sides of the ridge. At the top of this ridge There is a metal pole and it is only a short ways to the summit. The climbing turns to hiking and you lose maybe 100 feet to a saddle. The final hike is class two to the summit.



SE Ridge 4


SE Ridge 5


SE Ridge 6



From the summit you can either take the standard route to Borrego Palm Canyon or descend the way you came up.





Getting There

Add Getting There text here.

Route Description

Add Route Description text here.

Essential Gear

Shoes you can both hike and scramble over rock with, also you may want gloves for the rock

External Links

TRIP REPORT 1

TRIP REPORT 2

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.