South Slopes

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.56000°N / 115.939°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the most commonly utilized route for summiting Kepros Mountain. T. Lopez began marking a series of shortcuts in the past few years and in return a trail has begun to form in spots.

It is not recommended to use this route on a hot day. There is no shade, shelter, or water. Begin early or chose a different day.

Getting There

First follow the directions on the main Kepros Page then follow the route to the summit of Three Point Mountain.

Route Description

From the summit of Three Point Mountain, head northward to the saddle and then onto Points 5,272 and 5,283 in .6 and 1.3 miles, respectively.

Turn northwest and descend into another saddle only to gain the true south ridge of Kepros Mountain. Follow this ridgeline to Saddle 5,059. Continuing northward, contour around Pt. 5,200 on the east on the road shown on the USGS quad.

From here, it is a straight forward walk and then bushwhack to the summit of Kepros Mountain where you will a wonderful view of the surrounding terrain.

Essential Gear

This route is purely non-technical. Be sure to bring water as there is none along the way.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.