Sparkler

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 36.61440°N / 118.8036°W
Additional Information Route Type: Lead
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.9+
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Use the climbers trail (as discussed in the 'Getting There' section of Little Baldy) and skirt the base of Little Baldy by heading southeast. Pass a small rock buttress along side LB and back down till the toe of the rock face is reached (southern side). 'Sparkler' begins at the toe and follows a line of bolts via a water streak (1 pitch, 150').

Route Description


Start by frictioning up moderate slab to the 1st bolt (20 feet) and aim straight up for the water streak. Pass to the left of a small overlap and gain the second bolt directly above. Follow the water streak until a small ledge is reached (3rd bolt). Pass back over into the water streak and head back right to the 4th bolt. At this point, the route steepens to "slippery 5.9". Follow the streak for the remaining part of the climb, passing two more bolts before reaching a 2-bolt belay anchor (150'). Two ropes are recommended for the rappel.

Essential Gear


(6) QD's.
Pro: small to 1/2"

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.