Springboard

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 48.45400°N / 122.625°W
Additional Information Route Type: Technical rock climb (trad )
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.8+ 75'
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


This climb starts at the nice cedar tree ledge atop zig-zag pitch two. This ledge is on the upper West area of the Main Wall, to the right of Ride 'Em Cowgirl, and above Undercover. See Zig-zag approach on the main wall.

In my opinion, the best climb at Mt. Erie is a 3-pitch route that takes Zig-zag for pitch one, Undercover for pitch 2, and Springboard for #3. This route gets harder and more exposed each pitch, but never too hard and with good pro.

Route Description


Walk out right onto the cedar limb. A #4 Stopper can be placed sideways in a crack early (to an extant this protect the first moves). From as far out on the sagging limb as you can go, make delicate and exposed moves up and right to an old fixed pin in a crack system. Follow this crack system and nice solid rock (good jams) up to the anchors. There are two fixed pins.

Essential Gear


Protection to 2"

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.