The Lakes Lookout trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.94170°N / 118.2298°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the directions on the main page under “Getting There” to reach the Anthony Lake day use parking lot.

Route Description


From the parking lot head east along the south side of the lake on the Anthony Shoreline Trail, 1605. After less than a ¼ mile turn right on the Hoffer Lakes Trail, 1641. Climb this low to moderate grade trail for approximately ½ mile to the lakes. Continue west on the 1641 trail out of the basin to where it meets up with road 7300-187. Continue up the road to the ridge top where the road splits. Keep south on the ridge and walk another couple hundred yards or so to where the road appears to split again. Actually the road goes right to the Crawford Basin trailhead and what appears to be a left branch in the road is the start of the Lakes Lookout Trail. From this point it’s just a little over half a mile to the top.

Essential Gear


Good hiking boots are all that is required.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.