Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.36260°N / 110.28262°W
Additional Information County: Sublette
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 11535 ft / 3516 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Triangle Peak, the 5th highest peak in the Gros Ventre, is a bit off the beaten track but well worth the effort. It rises dramatically above Brewster Lake and offers tremndous views of Doubletop Pk (the range's highest point), Tosi Pk, and the Wind River Mountains. It's situated deep in the Gros Ventre Range and isn't visible from many points outside of the Gros Ventre's high country. From the summit, the view to the south is of the Wyoming Range and Doubletop Peak. To the west lies Darwin Pk and the Tetons off in the distance. To the north Brewster Lake sits at your feet and the Absarokas provide a nice backdrop for Sportsmans Ridge. To the east lies the Upper Green River Basin and fantastic views of Fremont Pk and the entire Wind River Range. A real sense of solitude can be gained by acheiving this summit since it's doubtful this peak is on many people's radars.

Getting There

One reason this peak sees so few people is probably because of it's relatively remote location. The TH that makes the most sense is the Kinky Creek TH near Darwin Ranch just a little off the Union Pass Rd. What this means is almost a 3 hour drive from the town of Jackson. There are many possibilities for routes on this peak but the one i'll talk about is accessed from norht facing chute to the east of Brewster Lake. From the Kinky Creek TH take the Dry Fork trail to Lunch Lake and continue on towards Brewster Lake. The east ridge of Triangle Pk is quite long and any opportunity to gain it will result in a mellow hike up to the summit. We descended a south-southwest ridge that was a nice alternative to the route we came up but did have quite a bit of loose rock. This descent led to an amazing city of rock that lies to the south of Brewster Lake.

Red Tape

Beware of loose rocks as this is characteristic of this section of the Gros Ventres.

Camping

Great camping spots can be found at Lunch Lake or Brewster Lake. These are some of the more scenic lakes in the entire range.

External Links

Add External Links text here.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Gros Ventre RangeMountains & Rocks