True North

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.12810°N / 73.8575°W
Additional Information Route Type: Slide Climb
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Hike into the Ore-Bed Brook Lean-to from anyone of several ways. Head up the trail towards Gothics, but at the first stream-bed turn left. Follow the stream until you reach the base of the North Face. Head up and to the left at the base, entering the woods a few hundred yards above. Head directly into the woods, and a short time later a small rock slide is reached. Climb this to reach the main slide.

Route Description


Follow the slide from were you enter from the woods to the top. The slide ends at the northern end of the summit ridge. Find the trail just above the headwall, and follow this right to the summit.

Essential Gear


Compass, Map, are essential. If you climb this in winter snowshoes are a must, and possibly crampons for the summit and the descent. This has also been skiied several times.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

GothicsRoutes