Twin Sisters Peak, South Sister and The Crags

Twin Sisters Peak, South Sister and The Crags

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

Soth Sister & The Crags

After having climbed Twin Sisters Peaks, I decided to climb Twin Sisters Mountain (commonly referred to as South Sister to make it less confusing). Climbing South Sisters is a pretty straightforward climb, from either peak just drop to the grassy saddle between the West peak and South Sister, navigate any large drifts of snow if present, and climb steeply to the top. I personally enjoyed South Sister better than either of the peaks, simply because South Sister is less crowded and the views are better.

The Crags are a group of rock fins that carve down the north side of the Twin Sisters massif, but the summit is just a little hump only a quarter mile from the trail. When crossing back into the forest service land, look directly north for a gentle rise in the trees. Climb to it, the summit is marked with a cairn and there is a register dating back to 2005.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.