Two Man Party Orange

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.63920°N / 83.7132°W
Additional Information Route Type: Bolted route
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.6
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From the camping areas located near the top of the mountain (this is also called the "Staging Area" where privies can also be found), follow the signs for the Main Face that lead uphill and to the right. The trail will follow along the base of the rock face and lead you to the "Approach Slab." There is a cable here to assist you in crossing this 4th class scramble. Take extra special caution if the rocks are wet or rope up. When you reach the top of this slab you are at the base of the climb.

Route Description


The route begins at the far right. The US Army has spray painted "ORANGE" at the beginning point. You absolutely cannot miss it. If you do not see route names on the rocks, you are in the wrong spot. The beginning of the climb is fairly steep with the crux of the route within ten feet of the ground. Continue moving up past seven bolts until you reach a cable which provides your belay anchors. The belay station is fairly large and you can safely walk around on it.

For the second pitch continue moving up the rock following a nearly staight line of five more bolts to the top of the rock. There is a good belay station at the very top. Either rappel down or walk off to your left down the trail back to the Staging Area.

Essential Gear


A set of quick draws and a standard 50M rope is all that is needed. This is a great beginner climb or for someone transitioning from toproping to multi-pitch climbing.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.