Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.10000°N / 19.00000°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Additional Information Elevation: 7215 ft / 2199 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Uvita GredaSE side of Uvita Greda (2199 m)

When you entering into the south part of DURMITOR range, driving on the road Zabljak-Virak-Trsa, you'll notice one beautiful peak which with it's beautiful and impressive SE side stay above Sedlo (1907 m) pass, on the right side. That is Uvita Greda (2199 m)(Banding Rafter). That peak together with it's narrow pass called Uvito Zdrijelo, located below it, represents nature gate between the South Durmitor and Durmitor's inner massif. Uvita Greda is placed on the oposite side from it's neighbour Sedlena Greda (2227 m) while between them Sedlo pass is located, from where the road Sedlo-Trsa goes down, in direction to Prutas (2393 m) peak and further to Trsa.

Below the Uvita Greda, actually over it's pass Uvito Zdrijelo goes southern approach to Bobotov Kuk (2523 m), the highest peak of Durmitor range. Also, by using of Uvito Zdrijelo pass can be reached beautiful Trojni Prevoj (2245 m) pass and many surrounding peaks as are Bandijerna and Zupci. More precisely, Uvito Zdrijelo as a part of Uvita Greda crest, connecting the South Durmitor with a Central Durmitor.

Summit View

Uvita GredaIncredible beauty of Uvita Greda (2199 m)

SljemeSljeme (2455 m)

Komarnica CanyonKomarnica Canyon

The summit of Uvita Greda (2199 m) offer a few beautifully summit views. Staying on that summit you can enjoy in many summit panoramas, looking to the southern Durmitor as well as to the central Durmitor.

S: Sedlena Greda (2227 m), Lojanik (2091 m), Boljska Greda (2091 m), Dobri Do Valley, Komarnica Canyon,

SW: Prutas (2393 m), Stit (Sareni Pasovi, 2248 m)

E: Ranisava (2081 m), Stozina (1905 m), Valovito Jezero lake

NE: Sljeme (2455 m)

W: Bobotov Kuk (2523 m), Bezimeni Vrh (2487 m)

Routes Overview

On the grassy shelves of Uvita GredaOn the grassy slopes

Zabljak (1456 m) town - Virak village - Sedlo (1907 m) pass: 16 km
For reaching a Sedlo (1907 m) pass is the best to use a car or bike.

Sedlo (1907 m) - Uvita Greda (2199 m): 45 min

First of all you should reach a Sedlo (1907 m) pass which is common starting point for climbing of Uvita Greda. The way first goes right - below the SE side of Uvita Greda, than to the left behind the crest and finally to the summit (2199 m). On that way don't exist some exposed places. That's really very fine tour.

Getting There

Uvita Greda from Sedlo passUvita Greda & Uvito Zdrijelo (2120 m) pass

 Tibetian  roads of DurmitorSedlo (1907 m) pass

Gateway to Durmitor National Park and Uvita Greda (2199 m) peak is Zabljak (1456 m) town, precisely a Sedlo (1907 m) pass. Information how to get there:

By Plane
~To Beograd (Belgrade, Serbia&Montenegro capital) airport. Than with plane to Podgorica, capital of Montenegro, or with bus or car to Zabljak town.
~To Podgorica airport. Than with bus or car to Zabljak town.

Information about flights find on the sites of JAT Airways, a former Yugoslav airlines, or on Montenegro Airlines.

By Bus
~Beograd (Belgrade)-Zabljak
~Podgorica-Zabljak
~Niksic-Zabljak
~Pljevlja-Zabljak

Buses go to Zabljak from Beograd (Belgrade) twice a day and from Podgorica, Niksic, Pljevlja and Mojkovac several times per day.

Uvita GredaNice scenery of Uvita Greda (2199 m)

By Car
~Beograd (Belgrade)-Zlatibor-Nova Varos-Prijepolje-Pljevlja-Zabljak
~Niksic - Savnik (47km) - Zabljak (37km): 84km; Niksic to Zabljak approach from south.
~Niksic - Savnik (35km) - Zabljak (37km): 72km;
~Podgorica - Niksic (55 km)-Savnik (47 km)-Zabljak (37 km): 139 km; Add this length if you are going to Zabljak from Podgorica via Niksic. Road to Niksic from Podgorica is good.
~Podgorica - Kolasin (71km) - Mojkovac (21km) - Zabljak (67km): 159km; road is good all the way to Zabljak. Behind Podgorica (56m) you go inside Moraca River canyon (one of spectacular Montenegrin canyons). It is up to 1000m deep and has wild sides. That's spectacular drive. After that, from "Djurdjevica Tara" bridge to Zabljak - 23 km.

Than from Zabljak town to Sedlo (1907 m) pass by Zabljak-Virak-Trsa road, 16 km from Zabljak town.

Camping

Uvita GredaSE face of Uvita Greda (2199 m)

Dobri Do expansesDobri Do Valley

Dobri DoDobri Do Katun

Camping permitted on camping dedicated spots only. Major huts are in good condition, but with no service. Still, open to the general public. Hikers/climbers are supposed to bring all the jummy stuff with them.

The nearest location for camping before/after climbing of Uvita Greda (2199 m) is Dobri Do Valley and it's shepherd's houses. But also, staying in Zabljak town and crossing the Durmitor you can camping on the next places:

HUTS

1. Hut in Skrka Lakes Valley (1723 m). Active: June 1 - October 1.
2. Hut in Susica Canyon

SHELTERS & BIVOUACS

1. Bivouac in Velika Kalica valley
2. Shelter in Lokvice Valley (1693 m)
3. Stari Katun on the road from Zabljak to Obla Glava (2303 m) peak, near Ledena Pechina (Ice Cave) - empty simply hut from wood, without service, simple conditions...

CAMPS

1. Camp "Mlinski Potok", Pitomine, 84220 Zabljak. Owner: Mina Samsal. Mobile: +381 (0)69 497 625
2. Camp "Ivan Do". Owner: Radoman Sibalic. Camp price for camping is 4 Euro per day.
3. Camp "Razvrsje". Owner: Miso Vojnovic. Mobile: +381 (0)67 4444 77

Also, in Zabljak town you can rent private room or apartment. Price for 2-beds apartment with kitchen and bathroom: 10-14 Euro (5-7 Euro per person).

Red Tape

No extra fees.

External Links

www.durmitorcg.com

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

DurmitorMountains & Rocks