Vallibierna-Llosas (normal)

Vallibierna-Llosas (normal)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.62569°N / 0.66300°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: F.sup. (I+)
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Puente de CoronasPte Coronas

The normal route is long and not always evident, and it's rare to find someone in this peaks (all the people go in direction to Aneto and you don't must to follow the route of Col de Coronas for Aneto)

Getting There

River and Vallibierna

See the main page to approach to Puente de Coronas.

Route Description

Aneto and Tempestades
Summit of Tempestades

In the Puente de coronas we'll leave the Hut in right side walking the track with a barrier of wood. Very soon we'll reach the bifurcation with signal (left: Coronas, right:Llosás). We'll get the right (Llosás). After a long track with curves and zig-zag we'll reach a path near of the river. In the bridge we'll find a new signal with the text "Vallibierna" (it's the route to peak Vallibierna not for us peak). We'll leave the path of Vallibierna in this point turning to left side in a big plateau with some of water and little lakes. In the other side of the green plain we'll find some cairns of stones to ascend a hill to reach the wonderful Lake of Llosás. In left side we'll can to see the Ridge of Llosás and the col of Llosás but we'll turn to right bordering the lake to entry in a gorge. The exit of the gorge bring to a little lake where's we'll find new cairns to left side. In this area it's possible to walk in several paths with cairns but the first are the shortest route. After a confuse area with great ground of stone among the rocks we'll arrive to the morrena of the old glacier (the glacier don't exist nowadays and it's without snow in summer). The peak Tempestades is visible in left side. We'll approach to the bottom searching the pass among a lot of rocks. The path to attack the summit go in zig-zag and finally turn to right to get the edge of the ridge. The last ridge had great blocks of stone turning to left to reach the summit.

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe in winter and autumm. Early in spring as well. Nothing special in summer.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.