via Mission Peak

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.48400°N / 121.864°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Start at the Stanford Ave. staging area. For directions to this area look in the "Getting There" section on the main page.

Route Description

Begin hiking from the staging area on Hidden Valley Trail (maps are available near the bathrooms). Follow it for 1.51 miles until it reaches Peack Meadow Trail. Stay to the left on the wide road and follow it for another 0.65 miles. You will have reached Grove Trail. Go left on Grove Trail for 0.18 miles until it becomes Eagle Trail. Stay to the right and follow Eagle Trail for 0.12 miles until it runs into Peak Trail. Follow Peak Trail 0.48 miles to the summit of Mission Peak. Stay on Peak Trail until it becomes a fork after 0.32 miles. Take the left side of the fork and follow it a short ways until it runs into another trail. Go right on this trail and follow it for 0.19 miles and it will become a fork again. Go right at the fork and you will be on the Bay Area Ridge Trail. Follow it for about 1.5 miles, passing Mt Allison and continuing on to another fork. Stay left on the trail and follow that all the way to Monument Peak. It's about a 0.5 miles from the fork to Monument Peak and it should be visible when your just about there.

Essential Gear

Water and a hat, as there is almost no shade on the entire hike. 

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Prestor

Prestor - Nov 18, 2008 5:32 pm - Voted 6/10

Summit Approach

Going on the Ridge Trail south of Mission Peak about 2 miles it From Mission Peak going south on the Ridge Trail about two miles it comes to an intersection with the Agua Caliente Trail to the right, Monument Peak Trail straight ahead and a service road to the left. Take the service road about .5 miles to reach Monument Pak which has no official trail to the summit but can easily be climbed.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.