Wapack Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.88570°N / 71.8663°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1 with one steep pitch
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

VIA WAPACK TRAIL NORTHERN MOST TRAILHEAD: From Route 31 in Greenfield head roughly two and a half miles towards Wilton. Make a right on Russell Station road by the Yankee Farmer and head down that road roughly a mile. Mountain Road will be the second right. Continue roughly a mile and a half over the height of land and past the wildlife refuge signs and the trailhead will be on your left with parking on the right,

Route Description

From North Pack Monadnock...


This section of the Wapack is ranked at the second roughest section of the Wapack Trail. The trail begins off at a moderate climb. Then become gradual as it goes over a creek. Just before hitting a beautiful pasture at 1.1 you hit a some steeper pitch. The trail moderates once it hits the pasture and continues climbing at a moderate pitch. There are great view off to the east of the Uncanoonacs and the Lyndeborough Mts.

The continues off into the woods. The trail then alternates between moderate and steeper pitches. At 1.5 miles the trail hits a very steep pitch that borderlines Class 2 before moderating after a few hundred feet up. The trail then continues at a moderate clip all the way to the summit.

Essential Gear

In summer only hiking boots and essential hiking gear is needed. However in winter crampons and trekking poles are highly recommended for this hike.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.