West Face

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.23640°N / 113.1941°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Drive in via the western approach. There really isn't an established trailhead. Drive up as far as you can and start heading up to the west ridge. We saw indications of a use trail but abandoned it.

Route Description


Climb up the steep slope to the crest of the west ridge and follow it uptowards the summit hitting the treeline at about 10,000 ft. Continue following the west ridge to the summit tower. Along the way you will encounter a rock tower which you will have to climb up or around, on your way to the main summit tower. Once at the base of the summit tower, you have about 900 ft of class 3 climbing. Move up and to the right climbing the middle rib of the west face to the summit.

Essential Gear


When there is snow - snowshoes, crampons and ice axe.
Helmet always a good thing.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.