Limekiln Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.17900°N / 121.909°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Start from the Alma Bridge Rd entrance in the "Getting There" section on the main page.

Route Description

Walk about 0.3 miles back up Alma Bridge Rd from the direction you came until you reach a gate on the right-hand side of the road. This is the begining of Limekiln Trail. Follow Limekiln Trail for about 1.4 miles until you reach a fork. On the right side of the fork is Limekiln Trail and on the left side is Priest Rock Trail. Go right to stay on Limekiln Trail and follow it for 3 miles until it becomes Woods Trail. Follow Woods Trail for about 0.75 miles and you will be at the summit of El Sombroso.
There is a link to a map showing this route on the main page in the "Getting There" section.

Essential Gear

Water and comfortable shoes are all that's necessary. The hike takes a couple of hours so you don't need an excessive amount of gear. Dress correctly for the season.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.