Priest Rock Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.17900°N / 121.909°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Start from the Alma Bridge Rd entrance in the "Getting There" section on the main page.

Route Description

Start off on Preist Rock Trail and follow it for 1.2 miles until it you reach a fork. The right side of the fork is Limekiln Trail and the left side is Priest Rock Trail. Go left to stay on Priest Rock Trail and follow it for another 1.4 miles until it runs into Kennedy Trail. Go right on Kennedy Trail and follow it for 1.4 miles until it runs into Woods Trail. Go left on Woods Trail and follow it for about 0.75 miles until you reach the summit of El Sombroso.
There is a link to a map showing this route on the main page in the "Getting There" section.

Essential Gear

WATER!!! Priest Rock Trail can get very steep in places and this isn't a short hike. Also wear comfortable shoes and clothing. In the summer it can get pretty hot and you don't want to get heat stroke because you brought a pint of water and wore pants and a long-sleeve shirt.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.