Arrowsphere

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.30670°N / 117.2281°W
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing, Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.9
Sign the Climber's Log

Point The Way!

The Main Pinnacle Ridge is located above the Skull formantion (north from the main trail along the meadow). From the meadow below to the south, hike up a climbers trail heading north and around the Skull's west side. Once on the backside of the Skull, continue north through faint trail networks the formations above (Pinnacles #1-6). Cross through a corridor (some scrambling required) and reach the north side of these pinnacles. Once there, the pinnacle are identifyed by looking at their north faces. Pinnacle #1 is the far left formation, then #2 is the next formation to the right, as are the remaining pinnacles. Arrowsphere is located on the right side arete of the north face of Pinnacle #2. As a side note, there is an excellent 3 bolt route on the left arete of Pinnacle #2, checking in at .10b (unknown FA and route name, probably put up by Pat Brennan).

The Route

Start on the boulder next to the base of an arete. Clip the first bolt and launch up the arete, clipping 3 more bolts to the top. Fairly straight forward. Great photo ops!

A 5.11a variation can be done by dropping below the boulder to the left and start at the base. Just pre-clip the first bolt from the boulder! ;)

The Basics

- 4 quickdraws
- 50 meter rope
- slings for the 2 bolt anchor on top


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.