Wire Brush

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.30670°N / 117.2281°W
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.9
Sign the Climber's Log

Get To And Locating 'Wire Brush'

The Main Pinnacle Ridge is located above the Skull formantion. From the meadow below to the south, hike up a climbers trail heading north and around the Skull's west side. Once on the backside of the Skull, continue north through faint trail networks the formations above (Pinnacles #1-6). Cross through a corridor (some scrambling required) and reach the north side of these pinnacles. Once there, the pinnacle are identifyed by looking at their north faces. Pinnacle #1 is the far left formation, then #2 is the next formation to the right, as are the remaining pinnacles.

Grab A Brush And Get Going!

This route is located on the left end of the north face of Pinnacle #1. Head up along the left side arete of the formation, passing 5 bolts before reaching a 2 bolt anchor (no chains). The crux is getting past the 3rd bolt, transitioning from the face to a dirty slab.

As a note of caution, this route is not for those who aren't willing to deal with choss and lichen! A good majority of the route is decomposing and the slab past the crux is crumbly lichen.

.....hence the route name!

....And Bring A Wire Brush Too!

Quickdraws!
- 5 bolts
- 2 bolt anchor (no chains). However, there are a set of anchors 7 feet further for another route that has 2 bolts WITH chains. This is the best option to lower off without leaving gear.




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.