Razor Tips

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.30670°N / 117.2281°W
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.10c/d
Sign the Climber's Log

How Do I Get To 'Razor Tips'?

The Main Pinnacle Ridge is located above the Skull formantion. From the meadow below to the south, hike up a climbers trail heading north and around the Skull's west side. Once on the backside of the Skull, continue north through faint trail networks the formations above (Pinnacles #1-6). Cross through a corridor (some scrambling required) and reach the north side of these pinnacles. Once there, the pinnacle are identifyed by looking at their north faces. Pinnacle #1 is the far left formation, then #2 is the next formation to the right, as are the remaining pinnacles.




Where Do I Split My Finger Tips?

The start of 'Razor Tips' is on the west face of Pinnacle #2 (just 8 feet to the right of 'Arrowsphere'). Start at the very bottom (the boulder in front of the face is OFF) and crimp your way up past 4 bolts. There are two cruxes: passing the 1st bolt as one inches past balancy moves on thin sharp edges and nearing the last bolt by making balancy mantle onto a large sloper. The quality of the route diminishes the last 10' of the climb on grainy rock. However, with more traffic, this route could be a better quality route.

Regardless of rock quality, the overall moves and delicate crimping required make this a fairly decent route to check out!

Do I Need Shaving Balm?

Nope.... just quickdraws!
- 4 bolts
- 2 bolt anchor with chains
- 50 meter rope
- slings for the anchor


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.