From Taschach Hut

From Taschach Hut

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.88330°N / 10.86670°E
Additional Information Route Type: Basic Snow/Glacier Climb
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy glacier route
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Way to Taschach Hut (2432 m) : from the Taschachalm or from Mittelberg (1616m) in 2-2,5 h on a road (at the beginning). Follow the trail N° 924 which leads into the Taschach Valley and for the most part follows the Taschachbach (stream). Smaller creeks enter the Taschachbach from both sides of the valley.You can see the Taschachhaus. The steadily climbing trail leads up to elevation 2043 m where a supply lift goes up to the hut.
You can also go by mountainbike to this place and leave your mountain bike here.
From this point, you have to continue on a smaller hiking way which goes steeper up behind the bridge and serpentines back and forth across the Sexegertenbach (creek). Follow this way over the hangs till you reach the hut.

Route Description


From the hut, follow the Rimlsteig (trail) which leads to Taschachferner (glacier). At an elevation of 1600 m, walk straight across the level glacier toward Brunnenkarkopf and then follow the moraine ridge up toward the Mittelberg Joch (3166 m).
It's not necessary to climb up to the Joch (collar); from here, the way is the same as from Pitz Glacier : walk in a southerly direction across the short block-covered slope to the eastern edge of the Taschachferner (glacier). Proceed in western direction without height gain, pass under an icefall. Continue in the same direction in order to conturn the big crevasses on your left. The snow bridge is usually large and evident. From here turn to the left in south-eastern direction, pass under the Hinterer Brochkogel, cross the firn field beneath the Mitterkarjoch. Here the slope becames steeper. When you have reached the basis of the summit, turn to the right and reach the collar. The last hundred meters are often covered by icy snow (campons !).The last 20 m are an easy rock climb (rope for unexperienced summitters)

Essential Gear


Rope, crampons, telescopic sticks.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.