From Vernagt Hut

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.88330°N / 10.86670°E
Additional Information Route Type: Basic Snow/Glacier Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy alpine route
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


To Vernagt Hut (Würzburger Haus) : from Vent, follow the Rofenache (river) along the trail N° 902 (Central Alpine Trail 02) to the first fork at an elevation of 2096 m. From here a supply goes up to the hut.
Turn right onto trail N° 920. This trail takes you past Vernagtegg along the Vernagtbach (stream) up to the hut.

Route Description


From the hut, take the trail going northeast across the Vernagtferner (glacier) to reach the Brochkogel Joch (3423 m) south of Petersenspitze. From the saddle, continue somewhat downhill, past the Hinterer Brochkogel and north of the Mitterkarjoch. When you have reached the basis of the summit, turn to the right and reach the collar. The last hundred meters are often covered by icy snow (campons !).The last 20 m are an easy rock climb (rope for unexperienced summitters)

Essential Gear


Rope, crampons, telescopic sticks


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.