Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.67487°N / 13.30968°E
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 5692 ft / 1735 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Gennerhorn is a 1.735m high summit in the Osterhorngruppe, Eastern Alps in Salzburg. In summer it is easy to reach without any difficulties. On the way from Laemmerbach you get to Genneralm with a lot of nice huts with good food. From there you can hike several mountains in the region like Osterhorn 1.746m, Hoher Zinken 1.764m, Gruberhorn 1.732m and Regenspitz 1.675m. It is also possible to reach Genneralm by car but it is a toll road.
You can hike Gennerhorn from Mai to October.
It's also a nice trip with skies in winter.

Views

OsterhorngruppeOsterhorngruppe

Gennerhorn, 1.735mGennerhorn

Routes

Way number 10 from Laemmerbach 801m leads you to Genneralm (around 1.300m). From there you go south and then west along the south-slope of Gennerhorn. At the notch between Gennerhorn and Gruberhorn 1.732m you go east to the summit of Gennerhorn.

In winter (with skies) you take the east slope of Gennerhorn. You go up to the rock face, then left through a breach and further on the ridge of Gennerhorn.
Gennerhorn RouteGennerhorn

Getting There

On the highway A10 (from Salzburg to Carinthia) you take the exit Golling and go to direction Abtenau until you reach Voglau. There you turn left in direction of Postalm.
On highway A1 you take exit Thalgau or Mondsee and go to direction St. Gilgen on Wolfgangsee road (B158). Turn to direction Faistenau until you reach Hintersee, take the street left to the church until Laemmerbach (801m).

Huts

Genneralm: many huts at around 1.300m; most offer food, some offer overnights as well

Maps

Mayr Hiking Guide 76
St. Gilgen-Strobl/Postalm-St. Wolfgang
1:35.000

Mountain Conditions

Panorama Pic Gaissau Hintersee
Weather Hintersee

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Alps - Eastern PartMountains & Rocks