Le Mont-Dore-Pan de la Grange

Le Mont-Dore-Pan de la Grange

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.52487°N / 2.82074°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Puy de SancyPan de la Grange

This is an easy walk-up across ski runs to reach the summit.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to Station of Le Mont-Dore

Route Description

Puy de SancyCol de la Cabanne
Way of Sancybeginning

In the station of Mont-Dore you searchs the exit of chemin de Sancy in the great map of ski-resort following to left side. You must walk the curves of the piste of ski following the paint red and white. You can't leave the signals of paint (it's an order of the ski-resort and the park of Volcanos of Auvergne). You reach a great plateau at NE of Plan de la Grange. In this plateau you have the option to leave the paint, always following paths, to climb Puy de Cacadogne (1.785m) on left side, an important and interesting peak. You can see on left side the rest of the piste to the area of cable-way of Sancy but it's better to follow to SW to reach the col of Pan de la Grange (1700m). The path goes now to right (NW) to reach the col de la Cabanne (1.785m) and the zig-zag to the summit.

Essential Gear

On winter crampons and ice-axe. The use of ski is a good option on winter.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.