Le Mont-Dore-Val de la Courre

Le Mont-Dore-Val de la Courre

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.52487°N / 2.82074°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.0 (YDS)
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Puy de Sancy (1886m)Ridge West
Puy Redon (1781m)Puy Redon

This is one of the most beautiful routes to climb Puy de Sancy because the ridge West is nice. The last section is the same of the cable-way with stairs to the summit.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to Station of Le Mont-Dore.

Route Description

Puy Redon (1781m)Puy Redon
Ridge Westpath

In the station of Mont-Dore you turn to right in the small parking searching the signal at SW indicated as Puy de Sancy. In the other side of the road, at SE is the signal of chemin de Sancy across the pistes of ski and you don't take it. You walk near of the ski-lift entering to the small valley of Courre bordering a rocky spun. On the val de la Courre you follow the path under the green wall of Puy de la Cliergue in direction to the col of right side of Puy Redon (the green pyramid peak of left side). The zig-zag goes to the col de la Courre (1.722m) with a signal of wood. You turn to left (East) following the path under Puy Redon. If you want you can climb Puy Redon (1.781m) in 15 minutes across a steepy little path. The path goes in the hillside to reach an rocky area with some chains (very easy) to reach the Pas de l’Âne and the crosspath of GR-30 and the route from the cable-way.

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe on winter season, even it's interesting the use of ski to col de la Courre.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.