Super-Besse

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.52487°N / 2.82074°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

A little bit longer than the most popular route from Mont-Dore but easy to walk with the interesting visit to the ridge of Puy Ferrand. As well you can take a cable-way but it reachs the bottom of Puy de la Perdrix.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to the ski-resort of Super-Besse.

Route Description

Puy Ferrand (1.854m)Puy Ferrand
Puy de la Perdrix (1.824m)Puy de la Perdrix
Crosspath of Puy Ferrand
Puy Gros (1793m)Puy Gros

You begin in Super-Besse behind of Lac des Hermines (1.356m) walking near of Bois de la Biche (right) and the ski-lift (left). You reach croix de Saignavoux (1554m) with interesting landscape following the piste and the GR4 to Col de Cuhay (1.685m). You have now two options (I sugere the first to ascent and the second to descent):

A)-You leave the GR4-GR30 turning to right (NE) to the end of the piste in the Telecabine de la Perdix. Behind the hut of ski-lift you get the path going to left to reach the pre-summit of Puy de la Perdix with a table of orientation and the summit of Puy de la Perdix (1.824m) with another one table. You descent to the col with Puy Ferrand and you reach a new crosspath signalling to left as Puy de Sancy. You have the option to take to right a narrow path in the spun to reach Puy Ferrand (1.854m) or you can follow the signal. In both cases you reach col de la Cabanne (1.785m) without problems and the access to the final path to the summit.

B)-The shorter route is to follow the paint of GR4 to a small col (1.710m) between Puy Gros (1.793m) and Puy Ferrand (1.854m). In this point you have a very wide path to the nice summit of Puy Gros (1.793m) on left side crossing near of the famous three rocks called "le trois filles" (three daughters). The path reachs the important col de la cabanne (1.785m) and the access to the summit.

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe on winter season. The use of ski is a good election.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.