Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 34.29090°N / 116.9455°W
Additional Information County: San Bernardino
Activities Activities: Hiking
Additional Information Elevation: 8398 ft / 2560 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Summit of Delamar




Delamar Mountain is a prominent peak that stands watch over the northwest end of Big Bear Lake. It has a prominence value of P1198 making it the fourth most prominent peak over five thousand feet in the San Bernardino Mountains. Delamar Mountain is also on the Sierra Clubs Hundred Peaks Section list. Delamar Mountain is a short hike that can be combined with hikes to other Hundred Peak listed summits. Some of this peaks are, Butler Peak, Grays Peak, Little Bear Peak, Arctic Point, Crafts Peak, Bertha Peak, and Gold Mountain.

Getting There

Take the 215 Freeway through San Bernardino to SR 30. Drive east on SR 30 to the junction with SR 330. Drive north on SR 330 to SR 18 in Running Springs taking SR 18 all the way to the Big Bear Lake Dam. At the dam take SR 38 on the left to Fawnskin. As you enter Fawnskin tunr left onto 3N14 and drive for 1.3 miles, the road turns to dirt after about .5 miles. Reach the junction with 3N12 on the right, take this. Ignore all side roads for a little less then 2 miles where you will reach a saddle and marked trailhead for the Pacific Crest Trail. Park here.

Route


From the parking area hike east up the slope across from the parking area. You'll see the Pacific Crest trail on the left and a double track just to the right of it. Take the double track as it quickly disappears into a use trail. Gain the ridge as it hits another double track and turn left. Once again, this double track turns into a steep use trail all the way to the summit rocks. There is the old triangle survey sign on the summit with a Hundred Peaks register. Great views of San Gorgonio and surrounding mountains.

Round trip is a little over a mile with 700 feet of gain.


Red Tape

You will need a Adventure Pass for parking at the turnout.

Extrenal Links

For camping information and current conditions go to the San Bernardino National Forest for current conditions website.

Delamar Mountain is on the Hundred Peaks List.

Go to California Mountain Atlas for more prominence information.