South-Face

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.99110°N / 1.0129°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble / Basic snow
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Trailhead: the last curve to the right of the port of Larrau (approximately to 150-200 meters of the entrance of the tunnel). You can leave the car in the parking in the other side of tunnel.

Route Description


Slope: 500 m. Time to summit: 1h 15min.

We take a clear path that carries ourselves toward the central hill to under the small grassy summit of Ory Garatea (1625m) that forms a col with the main hill that is directed toward the Ory. From here we advance toward the north by a steep path until arriving at the rocks.
In the rocks we will see a clear rocky walkway toward the left. To the left we will see the hill that carries to the nearby summit of ZazpigaƱa (1765m). In smoother land we will arrive at a col.
A clear path carries us for the slope to the final ramp that is undertaken for behind in this route (easier than the direct access to the pyramid of the East Ridge).
Enjoy the summit.

Essential Gear


In winter (december to february) generally it's necessary crampons and ice-axe.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

OriRoutes