Southeast ridge-Normal route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.99110°N / 1.0129°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the main page.

Route Description

Easy route in summer but with great interest for mountaineers in all the year. A lot of people climb the first 2000 meters in this summit and you can introduce your lazy friends or your children in the mountain with this climb.

Slope: 470m. Time: 1h 15 min to summit.
From the Parking of Larrau (1550m), localized at 100 meters of the tunnel, we will see a path under the view of Orittipia with some little hut ("palomeras" for the hunters). For the path we walk bordering the ridge and the stones under Orittipia. You arrive to the crest in Orittipia, the first elevation and summit (1923m) without signal. Now we will see the final pyramid of Ori. The climb of the pyramid is easy with nice and summer day but can be very complicated with ice or snow (in this case is advisable to border the pyramid for the left side and to climb behind). Finally in the plain of summit we will see the geodesic vertex and we will enjoy for the marvel view (unforgettable for almost everyone and that can cause to arise the love for the mountains in many of your friends).

Essential Gear

Nothing in summer.
In winter, the snow remain specially in north and south face. In the east rige the little snow is generally soft in a sunny day but can required the use of crampons and ice axe for the final climb to pyramid.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

OriRoutes