Tunnel Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.54160°N / 120.5194°W
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.6 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Getting There

From the parking lot at Peshastin Pinnacles, Orchard Rock is the first formation you walk by. The "Tunnel" Route begins at the highest side of the formation you can walk to. You can not see this route from the cars, but is is obvious when you hike to the uphill side.

Overview

The "Tunnel" route is rate 5.6 . It is an odd feature of this uphill side of Orchard Rock to climb about 30 feet, then through a "Tunnel" hole to a large platform area. The difficult moves start here, up and around the edge you see in the picture followed by 30 more feet of face climbing that is a challenge for occasional rock climbers, but doable!!!

Route Description

Look for the "Tunnel" and climb the steps leading to it, place pro as you like. Several good cam placements will make you comfortable and safe. Go through the "Tunnel" or hole. Once inside there is a large platform area to bring your partner up to avoid rope drag. Belay anchors placements are numerous here to. Stand up inside platform area and climb around the edge to the right which might take some nerve. Your pro placements are all below you at this step. Continue to move up the face and to the top where two huge bots in the rock will give you peace. Bring you partner up and enjoy a bomber rap going off either side.

Essential Gear

60 meter rope is plenty if you rap down the "Gully" Route. Pro would be several cams of various sizes, two slings.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.