Casual Viewing

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.79500°N / 83.7042°W
Additional Information Route Type: Technical Rock
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.7
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


To get there from the Junior Williamson rest area drive 4.8 miles south along KY 11. Stop at a large grassy pull off on the right. The approach trail is across the road and usually camouflaged by tall grass it’s an easy trail that splits at a large boulder soon after you start up the trail. Take the right fork, continue until you go through a couple of ravines and then turn uphill until you reach the base of the rock. When you reach the base you should be near the main arête go to the right of the arête and hike along the wall for about 500" to an obvious obtuse dihedral.

Route Description


Step up to a shelf with a small tree on it, then move up and into the dihedral follow this line for approximately 70 feet. Until you reach the anchors then lower or rappel.

Essential Gear


Take some slings and a good variety of small to medium gear

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.