Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.79726°N / 0.10381°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 10368 ft / 3160 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Pic Long & BadetPic Long & Badet
Maou, Badet & Pic LongBadet & Pic Long

Badet is an Important mountain but it's too nearby to the mythical Pic Long to be recognized as deserves, but it has earned each time more importance to be become a step obliged in one of the routes frequented of the high point of the massif. In spite of it, it's a very gratifying mountain as for route with a pretty ridge of rock-climb P.D.inf. and spectacular landscapes as the sharp ridge toward the Pic Long for which each time is more frequent to find people that climb it even without carrying out the most difficult ridge to the Pic Long.

Its pyramidal pose after the walk of the lake of Cap of Long encourages also to stand out as a pretty peak, just then even more high and gaudy that the own one Pic Long. In the top we will put our eyes in the spectacular neighbour and we will leave the mistake contemplating one of the mythical mountains of the Pyrenees but not because of it the Badet should be forgot. Not all the people has experience to climb the Pic Long and the Badet it’s a great reward and a good initiation to rock-climbs of II.

Getting There

From France:
-west and NW: Pau, Tarbes and you take the exit in Lannemezan to Arreau, St Lary Soulan (indication Tunnel de Aragnouet-Bielsa Espagne). D929 to St Lary and before Aragnouet in the village of Fabian is the road to Lac d’Oredon and Reserve Nature de Néouvielle. In the crossroad of the lakes you follow in left side to Cap de Long (right is to Lac d’Oredon and Lac d’Aubert).

-east or NE: Toulousse, from Toulousse in direction to Tarbes but in Lannemezan you take the same road.

From Spain:

-west and NW: go to France across Irun and take the road to Pau-Tarbes and you follow the same itinerary of west of France. It’s longer but it had good highways (pay). It’s possible a shorter route in direction to Huesca but you have some cols and the road is not highway.

-South, East: you go to province of Huesca. N240 to Barbastro and Ainsa. A138 to Bilesa. Across tunnel Bielsa-Aragnouet you entry in France. After the village of Aragnouet you reach Fabian.


Ver mapa más grande

Red Tape

The Nature park of Néouvielle is a great area with rules for the accesses, activities and places of camping.

Camping

The places of camping permitted, withdrawing the tent at the morning, they are found properly indicated. In Cap of Long, trailhead of Pic Long, it don’t exist places of camping, but we can to spent the night in caravan or in the vehicle or even in vivac in summer. Further down in the road is found the free zone of camping of the Lac d' Oredon although the park garage is of payment. In this place is the barrier to access to Lac d’Aubert, closed in summer from 9:30 to 18:00, but don’t exist routes to Pic Long from this side. It exist another camping area in the Lac d’Aubert.

Of course is possible to lodge in the refuge-chalet of Lac d’Oredon or the villages as Aragnouet, Fabian, St Lary Soulan,…

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.