Cadier

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.63110°N / 0.68140°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike / Glacier
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: PD, 50º max.
Sign the Climber's Log

First Climbed


By Georges Cadier, Henri Cadier, Albert Cadier, Édouard Cadier and Charles Cadier on August 7th, 1901.

Approach


From Plan de Besurta (1.900 m) take the trail to Aigualluts. Once there go towards Valle de Barrancs. Ascend Glaciar de Barrancs to the circus between Aneto (3.404 m) and Espalda de Aneto (3.343 m).

Route Description


Once on the upper part of the glacier turn to the left, avoid a rocky wall traversing from right to left and reach Espalda de Aneto (3.343 m). If there aren't cornices the slope is about 50º. It's not necessary to climb Espalda de Aneto (3.343 m), then ascend on the snowy slopes (50º) to the right just until reaching the rocky wall.

Essential Gear


Crampons. Ice axe, rope, warm clothes, map, compass and altimeter are recommended principally out of the summer. A snow anchor, Deadman or pickets would be recommended as well.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Sep 12, 2005 3:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

this route is only possible in winter or spring. The ramp to get from glacier to Espalda de Aneto (North face) had a great break in summer (problematic) and is an itinerary not advisable.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

AnetoRoutes