Lagos de Coronas

Lagos de Coronas

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.62992°N / 0.65849°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.2 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: F. sup. (I +)
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the second most frequented route to climb Aneto (3404m) and it's considered as well as normal because the difficulty is the same of the Cresta de los Portillones. The access across the bad forest track of Vallibierna of this route make most popular the easy approach to La Besurta, route as well with a good refuge as Refugio de la Renclusa.
On Puente de Coronas exist a free refuge but generally is overcrowded.

The access in summer is forbidden to the cars and you must take the bus on Senarta or Benasque.

Time to summit: 4h 30min.
Slope to gain: 1470m.

Getting There

Puente de CoronasPuente de Coronas

Approach to Benasque from Huesca: in the road on direction to Barbastro (N-240). After Barbastro we'll follow the indication to valley of Benasque to the C-1311 to Graus and the C-139 to Benasque across the beautiful gorge of Congosto de Ventanillo.

-Puente de Coronas at the end of the track of Vallibierna in the south of Maladeta. Trailhead as well to South route to Aneto, Aragüels, Vallibierna, Tempestades, Margalida, Russell...

The road in direction to Hospital de Benasque have a desviation signaled as Valllibierna. The access to the track is in the area of Camping de Senarta.

Route Description

Reaching collado de Coronas....collado de Coronas
Collado de CoronasColl. Coronas from S.
In the glacier of Aneto in...collado de Coronas

We'll begin on the Puente de Coronas (1950m) in the end of the track of Vallibierna. We'll walk the track some meters to its bifurcation taking the path of left side signaled as Lagos de Coronas. After the ascension to some rocky blocks we'll reach the Ibon inferior de Coronas (2235m). This small lake is one of the most important places of the route because some cairns go to the left to Pico Aragüells and another cairns on right side go to Ridge of Llosás. Initially we'll get the same route of Aragüells bordering the small lake for the left side until the first Lake of Coronas (2630m). This is the place to leave the route of Aragüells. The first lake it's possible to border across both sides but probably is most evident the right side with some cairns to reach the little river between both lakes. Following the river we'll reach the Second Lake of Coronas (2725m). From this point we'll see Aneto and the evident col of left side, it's the collado de Coronas. Leaving the lake on left side we'll walk among the sea of stones (morrena) or snow (Spring) across a spun on left side in direction initially to Pico Coronas turning to right side near of the wall to reach the bottom of the access to the col. In early summer remain the snow generally in this place. The wall seems impressive from this point but it's an easy rock-climb across a few of repises (F). On the Collado de Coronas (3195m) we'll access to the glacier of Aneto reaching the normal route from Portillones to reach the summit of Aneto (3404m) across the ramp of snow and the Paso de Mahoma.

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe all the year because it's necessary the walk of the glacier of Aneto to reach the summit from collado de Coronas.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

AnetoRoutes