Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.08719°N / 11.39066°E
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 7421 ft / 2262 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Monte Cola is a small but interesting summit in the Lagorai range.
From its summit spectacular views on Southern Lagorai and on Valsugana.

   
Monte Cola
Monte Cola




Lagorai range in autumn from Monte Cola 2262mt.

Getting There

by car - autoroute A22 (Brennero-Modena)- exit Trento Centro (km 20) - follow the SS47 (Valsugana) direction Padova-Venezia and follow to Levico and then Roncegno
by train Trento station (railway Monaco-Roma) - Pergine Valsugana Station (railway Valsugana, Trento-Venezia). From Pergine Valsugana - Calceranica al Lago - Caldonazzo - Levico Terme - Roncegno.
nearest airports : Verona (Aeroporto Valerio Catullo) - Venezia (Marco Polo Airport) - Milano (Linate Airport) - Bolzano (Bolzano Sud Airport)

Monte Cola
Monte Cola: the path along the ridge and Monte Hoabonti 2334mt.

Route Description

 
Monte Cola
Sette Laghi: eriofori

On along the Statale della Valsugana SS47 to Roncegno.
Now follow for le Pozze and the Rifugio Serot 1565m, leaning on the Valsugana.
A little beyond you arrive to Malga Trenca where you must park your car.
Herefrom shortly on foot toward North to the upper plain, then to the left (Westward), along a well marked muletrack, toward a big wooden Cross.
Now you lean out on a very fine walley (Val d'Ilba); keep the right side, and using a marked path along the ridge, up to the summit of Monte Cola 2262m.

From the summit toward W, always on the ridge, up to the main summit (Hoabonti 2334m)
Down, along tracks, toward the Passo La Portella.
Just a little before it you arrive at a fork with the path 325, a short equipped stretch and, along tracks, down to the Sette Laghi (Seven lakes).
Now follow the mark 323 that, with a long cross, turns round (on the East) the Monte Cola bringing back to Malga Trenca.

Maps and Books

Kompass: 1:25.000 n.626 Catena dei Lagorai. Cima d'Asta
Kompass: 1:25.000 n. 621 Valsugana. Tesino

From left: Monte Cola and...
From left: Monte Cola and...

Monte Cola
Monte Cola

Monte Cola
Monte Cola


 

Weather forecast

For weather and avalanche conditions in Trentino look at this pages:
wetterzentrale
Meteotrentino
Meteo Alpin
Società Meteorologica Italiana
Il meteo .it
eurometeo
Provincia di Bolzano 
 
Monte Cola mt 2262 e catena...
Monte Cola mt 2262 e catena...

External links

FRANZI VITLACIL 






Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Lagorai GROUPMountains & Rocks