Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.18550°N / 11.38130°E
Additional Information Elevation: 8045 ft / 2452 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Beautiful excursion in the Group of the Lagorai: Monte Fregasoga 2452m.




Unnamed Image


This mountain is located in the western Lagorai and it reaches the height of 2452 m.
With the Pala delle Buse 2412m., M. Camin 2328 m. and Cimon del Tres 2292 m., forms the ridge that starts from the Monte Croce 2489m.




Monte Fregasoga
Monte Fregasoga

Aconitum napellus L.
Aconitum napellus L.

Pala delle Buse
Pala delle Buse

 

Getting There

 
Mountain Rescue
 

From Trento take the road towards Civezzano, Albiano, Segonzano up to village of Casatte in Valfloriana.The valley crossed by the rio Pradesela, is rich in forests and meadows, with a typical mountain atmosphere. At the beginning of the Casatta village on the right, one can find the road which leads to the valley . Proceeding for 4.5 km, you arrive to the little village of Montalbiano (1144 m), Sicina (1209 m) and then to Bait del Manz. The road then goes on, bordered by beautiful forests and water courses, up to the “malga del Sasso” (a farm house at 1906 m). From here one can enjoy a spectacular view of the peak of the surrounding mountains (Pala della Buse ,Monte Fregasoga, Monte Cogne of the mountain range Lagorai). Some mountain paths start from the malga (sign posted by SAT).









Route

 
Mountain Rescue
 

From Malga Sasso starts the path 470 till Passo Mirafiori: from here you continue on the south eastern track, so you reach to a large rocky amphitheater between the Pala delle Buse (left) and monte Fregasoga (right).Follow the track to the center of this amphitheater and then turn right along rock debris till the summit.From the top of Fregasoga you can also easily reach the top of Pala delle Buse.
Great view from the top: by the chain of the Brenta group and the Austrian Alps to the central Lagorai group.

general
Start: Malga Sasso 1916 m.
Highest Point: 2452 m.
Effort: 536 m.
Time required: half day
Orientation: 3 only traces near the top




Monte Fregasoga
Monte Fregasoga

 Verso la Pala delle Buse mt....
Verso la Pala delle Buse mt....

Mountain Rescue
Mountain Rescue




 

Maps and Books

Kompass 626 Catena del Lagorai - Cima d'Asta




Monte Croce
Monte Croce

Monte Croce
Monte Croce






The pyramids of Segonzano

"A natural masterpiece of glacial origin, the Segonzano Pyramids are among the most renowned and studied phenomena in the world.
The origin of these earth pyramids, reaching up to 20 m high, dates back to approximately 50,000 years ago, when the glaciers' movement in the Avisio area and the resulting breakdown of the mountains sides brought to huge moraine deposits. Over the centuries, the erosive action of the water shaped these natural columns. They are one of the most noteworthy geological phenomena in the world, and are object of research for their impressive beauty.
Most of these pyramids have the typical shape of a column topped by a large protection boulder, but other shapes can be seen, such as the pointed pyramids - which are not so high as the other type since they are subject to a faster erosion. The pyramids are the remains of moraine deposits originating during to the last glaciation, and today they are a highly educational tourist attraction. To properly visit the pyramids, an educational path has been set up, which is specially equipped, clearly signalled and features beautiful panoramic views." ( by Visittrentino.it)

Piramidi di Segonzano
wikipedia

 
Phyramids of Segonzano
file: Piramidi di Segonzano.jpg from Wikipedia 

External Links

Val di Cembra
Valfloriana







BORN TO BE WILD

©2013 Tiziana Ciaghi



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Lagorai GROUPMountains & Rocks