Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.10592°N / 121.16467°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 6245 ft / 1903 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Trailhead Elevation: 4100'
Summit Elevation: 6245'
Total Gain: 2145'
Total RT Distance: 9 miles

Located near Easton Wa east of Snoqualmie Pass is the Cabin Creek Area. Mt Clifty offers good views of the Manastash and North Ridges with Goat Mt and others in the distance. The day that I hiked up here the views were hampered by clouds and falling snow.
Clifty does not get a whole lot of hiker attention since the shorter access road has been washed out from Easton. The trail does see a fair amount of attention from the local dirt bike enthusiasts.

Getting There

From either direction on I-90 exit at #62 and head westbound towards Stampede Pass, road 54. Follow for 3 miles to the juction of road 41, also has a sign directing traffic to Trail 1333, your destination. Follow road 41 for 10 miles to the junction of road 4110. Turn right (south) and travel another 10 miles to the roadside trailhead for Blazed Ridge 1333
Parking is just past the TH at a curve in the road.
Total drive miles from I-90 is about 24 miles.

Red Tape

The trailhead does require a Northwest Forest Pass (annual pass $30, or daily pass $5)
The trail allows use by mountain bikes and motor bikes.

North Route

From the Blazed Ridge trailhead the trail develops a deep groove as it's a "multi-use" trail that allows motor bikes.
The trail climbs up to the ridgeline and passes through a logging clearcut at about 4300'. At 5300' reach the top of Blazed Ridge and a few views open up in different spots. At 3.4 miles from the trailhead trail 1333 ends at the juction of trails 1388 and 1321.2 Follow the Manastash Ridge Trail #1388 to the south and continue for another miles or so and reach another junction with trail #1321.1 which is signed to Mt Clifty. The summit is about 1/2 mile from this junction.

There are other route up to this summit.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.